Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evaperator water not draining from freezer

I have a GE side by side model TFH30PRT that water builds up and freezes in the bottom of the freezer compartment. I cannot locate a drain from the bottom of the freezer. What do I do next?

evaporator drain

I have a frigidaire which is similar to yours, or so I am assuming.
    I was told to remove the back panel in the freezer section and the drain hole will be somewhere on the bottom of the evaporator section.
    Mine is also plugged somewhere.
    Every night the defrost timer comes on and an element inside and around the coils heats up, melting any build up of ice on the coils.
    This condensate has to go somewhere and being that the drain hole is plugged, drips down the back and below a basket where it freezes into a shallow sheet.
    Any other water dripping there just goes around the ice sheet and drips from around the door seal onto the floor.

Comment

As HayZee said, the defrost water drain should be beneath the evaporator coil at the rear, inside the freezer compartment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mwrefcomp_small2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	87208

JFYI

Dan O.
      Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Fixed it.

I located the drain in the freezer section and it was plugged. I cleaned it with hot water and put everything back together. Now I'm wondering where the defrost timer is if it has one. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by clydeospark
          Now I'm wondering where the defrost timer is.
          On your model it looks to be inside the control console.

Dan O.
          Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X
          =