Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ge Nautilus Portable DW, MD GSC3304F03WW, weak stream when draining

Hello,
    I have an approx. 13 yr. old GE Nautilus portable dishwasher (model GSC3304F03WW) that has a weak stream during the drain cycle. Another behavior of the washer is that the tub begins to fill with water while the tub is still draining. The motor is running during both washing and drain cycles. Finally, there is water left standing in the sump after the washer finishes the final cycle. However, the water does not cover the bottom of the tub, only the area of the sump.

I've removed the sump cover and removed some debris (not too much was in there). While I had the sump cover off, I sucked the water out of the sump, and poured down a baking powder slurry followed by a cup of vinegar. Let that rest 15 min. and followed up with a pot of boiling water. Then I ran the rinse cycle. I've repeated this twice but the drain stream still remains weak.

Please advise.

Kind Regards,
    theshoe

I can't find a parts list for that model online. Is it a Canadian model? I'm afraid without access to a parts list for your model to look up how it was designed and see what components it uses, it will be difficult to suggest possible causes.

On many newer GE dishwasher models there is a device called a 'piston and nut' asm. inside the unit's check valve which is beneath the filter at the base of the tub. If the diaphragm of the piston and nut assembly is worn, problems with washing and draining can occur.

You can see a picture of that part and a repair video to see if it might pertain to your model at the following link:

LINK > GE Dishwasher Piston and Nut Asm. info

JFYI

Dan O.
    Appliance411.ca
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 09-16-2013, 10:01 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Dan O. View Post
      I can't find a parts list for that model online. Is it a Canadian model? I'm afraid without access to a parts list for your model to look up how it was designed and see what components it uses, it will be difficult to suggest possible causes.

Yes Dan O., this washer is a Canadian model that was manufactured by Camco Inc. I found this link in a google search for Camco Inc.:
      hxxp://partsnet.geappliances.ca/

Kind Regards,
      theshoe

Comment

I found my model of d.w. on the Camco parts site and your link for the piston/nut assembly is the same part for my d.w.

I'll be ordering this part today. $10.79 is not a huge outlay of cash anyway. I'll update this thread when I've got the new part installed and advise on the results. Thanks Dan O.

Kind Regards,

theshoe

Comment

Hello Dan O.

Picked up the part at a local appliance parts/repair dealer and installed the new Piston/Nut Assembly this morning.

1) Your assessment of the problem with my d.w. was "spot-on". The discharge stream now is back to full power and the
          tub is no longer filling before it has completed draining.

2) Your advice saved me $600.00 (the approximate expense of a new portable d.w.)

3) The video showing the repair from AppliancePros dot com was very helpful. This repair is so simple I believe most
          people (male or female) could to do this repair themselves.

When I removed the old Piston/Nut assembly, there was a large amount of debris behind the spring. It looked very similar to
          the dryer lint you'd find in a clothes dryer. Not sure where that came from. In addition, the rubber flapper at
          the end of the piston was 80% missing.

I'm very thankful I found this forum and I'm also very pleased with the prompt and accurate advice I received. I
          would not hesitate to recommend this site to my friends and family.

This issue is resolved.

Kind Regards,

theshoe

Comment

Fixed!

installed the new Piston/Nut Assembly this morning. The discharge stream now is back to full power and the tub is no longer filling before it has completed draining.
            Glad to hear it. Thanks for the follow up. Click image for larger version

Name:	icon14.png
Views:	1
Size:	589 Bytes
ID:	87227

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.ca
            The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X
            =