Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore freezer temp control makes clicking noise and temp stays the same

I just bought a Kenmore chest freezer, about 15 years old. It makes a loud click about where the temp control is when it turns on. The temp varies from 5 above zero at lowest setting 1 to Zero at about setting 7, I didn't try for the coldest. Can I trust the thermostat? Thanks.

It makes a loud click about where the temp control is when it turns on. Can I trust the thermostat?
    A thermostat can make an audible sound when it activates or deactivates. The one on my current 5-6 year old freezer is very loud in my opinion and has been since new. On a refrigerator the control is usually inside the cabinet and its sounds more insulated and thus less noticeable.

Whether you can trust yours I couldn't say.

Zero at about setting 7, I didn't try for the coldest.
    How high does the numbering go?

Normal operating temperature of a chest freezer should be around -2 to -5 degrees F. You shouldn't need the control set to the maximum to achieve that. My concern might be whether either the control is out of calibration with age or the freezer not cooling properly.

How much warm food was in it and how long had it been running to archive those temperates?

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =