Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Profile Refrigerator - no water in reservoir

I cannot dispense water from the door on my GE profile refrigerator. I noticed there is no water in the reservoir behind the vegetable drawer. I disconnected the water line from the wall to the line on the refrigerator and verified that the water line from the wall is not blocked. Any ideas on why I am not getting any water to the reservoir? When I try and dispense water from the door I hear clicking like it is trying to dispense, but I guess since the tank is empty it's not going to work. Any thoughts on what to check/replace?

solenoid valve

replace the solenoid valve. it is a dual water valve.
    try repairclinic dot com

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      replace the solenoid valve. it is a dual water valve.
      try repairclinic dot com
      OK, I did a little more testing...I disconnected the water line below the freezer door and activated the water dispenser and I get water to the freezer door...so appears to be something within the door panel. The line does not appear to be frozen as I have run the hair dryer on the door for about 20min and I am able to get about 3 or 4 feet of monofilament trimmer line inserted up into the water line. It sounds like the trimmer line is making it all the way to the door panel where the water would dispense. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Comment

The line does not appear to be frozen as I have run the hair dryer on the door for about 20min
        If the water line has frozen it's tubing is likely too close to the cold side of the door, not outside, if that's where you're heating.

I am able to get about 3 or 4 feet of monofilament trimmer line inserted up into the water line.
        Why not out the spout?

There is nothing in the water line from the door hinge to the spout to stop water flow except maybe ice. If water is getting to the door but not out the spout, the water line inside the door has to be frozen IMO. There should be nothing else that could block it.

JMO

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 02-16-2014, 02:47 PM. Reason: clarified statements

Comment

Well I guess it may have been frozen...it started working right after I took the hair dryer and aimed it down the dispenser spout in the door. Hopefully that's all it was anyway!

Comment

Working...
          X
          =