Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kenmore frige trouble

I have a Kenmore fridge and it is showing error codes 5,6 and 7. The freezer cools but the fridge does not. I manually defrost it with a blow dryer and it will cool for a few days. What is wrong? New fridge not in my budget right now!

I have a Kenmore fridge
    We need the appliance's exact model in order to look it up to see what components it uses that might be causing problems.

FORUM NOTICE Link > Please include Make and Model # in post

showing error codes 5,6 and 7
    Not F5, F6, F7 or E5, E6, E7? Rarely do just numbers appear. Do they appear at the same time or one after another??

We also need the appliance's exact model number before error codes will have any meaning.

I manually defrost it with a blow dryer and it will cool for a few days. What is wrong?
    If defrosting helps for a while it sounds like you may have a defrost system problem. You can read how they work and some tests that can be performed to try to isolate the cause at the following link.

LINK > How does a frost free refrigerator's defrost system work?

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

The model number is 795.75002402. Serial # 608MRMD28843. I do not know how old it is we have been in this house over six years.

Comment

Originally posted by momo
        The model number is 795.75002402.
        I can't find a listing for that model number to look up how it was designed. Please double check the model number.

It does however look to have been manufactured by LG so one of their service reps might be able to assist with problems if required.

There should be a 'tech sheet' that will accompany the unit's wiring diagram that should explain any fault codes. Someone will have to check it.

In the mean time, things that could be checked include:

1. Inspecting the evaporator coil for signs of excessive frosting as described at the link supplied previously.

If there are such signs:

2. Test the defrost heater and defrost thermostat as described at the link supplied previously.

If not,

2. Look for other possible causes and check into the fault codes. There could be an air damper that is malfunctioning.

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 03-03-2014, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =