Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neptune gas dryer

I've replaced the gas valve solenoids twice they work for a few days then stop what is wrong

My guess is that the coils are probably NOT the problem.

What are the actual symptoms? Ignitor glowing continually? Not glowing at all? Cycling on and off?

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

symptoms

Originally posted by bbrx1 View Post
      I've replaced the gas valve solenoids twice they work for a few days then stop what is wrong
      the element glows and the gas does not come on each time i replaced the solenoids the dyer would work for a few days then stop. i've checked the continuity with a low volt meter and everything seemed ok ?

Comment

Ignitor glow

the [ignitor] glows and the gas does not come
        Once the ignitor gets to full temperature is has to stop glowing before gas will be released to be ignited.

Does the ignitor stop glowing or glow the whole time, continually??

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

the HOT RAIL igniter works on resistance. It acts as a flame detector. Once its fully on and the gas ignites, the hot rail igniter detects the flame and opens the solenoids. then it shuts down. try changing the igniter. A couple of times mine was fixed by tightening the spade connections, but I ended up getting a new one.

Comment

Radiant sensor

I don't know what a "hot rail igniter" is but you can read how an electronic ignition system on a gas dryer functions at the following link. The part that senses the fully glowing ignitor and flame is called the radiant sensor.

LINK > The Appliance Clinic > Gas Dryer > Clothes Dryer Gas Valves

If the ignitor is glowing the whole time either a 'weak' ignitor or a defective radiant sensor could be the source of the problem. Which actual components your dryer takes depends on its exact model number.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide

JFYI

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X
            =