Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool Oven Door Won't Stay Closed

I could really use some help trying to figure out how to fix my Whirlpool Oven (Model Number RBS275PDB8).

The door will not stay closed and it appears that this is due to the latch not catching the door close enough to the wall. Any thoughts on how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Hinge spring, hinge or receiver problem possible.

it appears that this is due to the latch not catching the door
    The latch is only used to lock the door closed during a clean cycle. The door latch should be retracted at all times other than during a clean cycle (which would be when the door was closed). It is not involved with the door at any other time during use.

The door stays closed via springs that are part of the door hinges (see the link below) inside the door. If the door isn't staying shut tightly when closed, the hinge springs may be stretched or weak with age requiring the hinges to be replaced to correct the condition.

LINK > Whirlpool RBS275PDB8 Oven Door Hinge

If the door was used as a step (like by a child or little person), physical damage to the hinges or hinge receivers (sockets) inside the oven body may have occurred and now may need to be replaced.

LINK > RBS275PDB8 Door Hinge Receiver

Other possibilities could include the door gasket bunched-up or stiff with age, obstructing door movement. There might be other obstructions hampering door movement. Someone will have to investigate a little to try to pinpoint the cause in your case.

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 08-06-2014, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Any advice on how to DIY this project? I'd like to save some money while in-between jobs.

Comment

A start would usually be actually looking into it to try to narrow down the possible causes mentioned. Once the actual cause has been isolated we may be able to suggest a course of action.

I don't know if it will help but you can see exploded view diagrams of your range at this link:

LINK > Whirlpool RBS275PDB8 Exploded Parts Views

Dan O.
          Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X
          =