Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOHCIVIC
    Thanks for the help Dan. The bad thing is I don't have a none gfi outlet in the garage so to get it to any other outlet I have to use an extension cord.
    You might get away with an extension cord for a short period if it was a flat, heavy duty one like made for an air conditioner and kept as short as possible. Definitely not a lawnmower type extension cord!

Otherwise the fridge might have to be moved to a location closer to a proper outlet for extended testing.

I snapped a pic of the evaporator coil. I will upload it
    A picture of the evaporator coil isn't going to help trying to find the cause of tripping the breaker. I wouldn't bother.

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCIVIC View Post
      I swapped out the gfi to a regular plug and plugged the fridge in... it has been running for 8 hrs now.
      Good! Keep an eye on it.

should the evap coil look like this?
      That looks great!

Be sure to put the cover back on the evaporator. It won't cool properly without it in place.

Dan O.
      Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

that evap looks great but put the cover on over it. there's heater elements in with the fins so when it goes into defrost the melted water drains out the drain hole below the evap coils. air circulates around the coils to cool the freezer section and the rest of the fridge.

Comment

Well good news... The fridge has been running for over 33hrs... ice pops have frozen as they should but the fridge side seems not as cold as I would like... I have it wide open... I have pulled the duct work apart to be sure there isn't any black age which there isnt... headed to good old wally world to pic up a thermometer for both side to be sure things are good before I put anything else in it... I have already lost a few beers don't want to loss any more

Comment

did you put that cover back on over the evap coils like Dan said to?
            that black thingie in your picture is the evap heater on a defrost free fridge.

Comment

Yeah the cover was put back on yesterday... yeah I knew that was the heater

Comment

Adjust the controlS

Well good news... The fridge has been running for over 33hrs...
                It sounds like you've found out what the problem was.

ice pops have frozen as they should but the fridge side seems not as cold as I would like... I have it wide open...
                The controls (both fridge and freezer) will likely have to be adjusted *incrementally* until the desired temperatures in each compartment are achieved. The colder the freezer is set for, the colder the fridge compartment will be able to get to. A freezer temperature of +2 to -5 deg. F. should be ideal. On the colder side of that if an icemaker is installed.

The proper way to test the refrigerator compartment temperature is to put a container of water on a middle shelf and leave it for 12 hours, then test the water temperature. If not correct, adjust the control(s) *a bit* and wait 12 hours then test the water temperature again. Continue until the desired temperatures are measured. It can take a couple of days to get the settings just right.

I have already lost a few beers don't want to loss any more
                How did you loose beers?

Dan O.
                Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks Dan for the temp test... I will be doing this today.

As for the beers... With them getting cold then hot so many times I don't like to drink them...

Comment

With them getting cold then hot so many times I don't like to drink them...
                    I though you meant it occurred since it started running properly.

Yes cycles of cooling then warming can make beer taste skunky. They're still usually safe to drink.

Dan O.
                    Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Fixed??

How did you make out with this? I'm sure we're all curious.

Dan O.
                      Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      =