Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Chef Oven Need Top Control Unit Replaced

I have a Magic Chef Oven... Issue my kids have broken the "up" press button on the control unit of the oven. When you turn the oven on Broil or Bake...I cannot advance temp up. Same for timer I cannot advance up since they pressed a whole in the press pad on the control unit on the oven.

Magic Chef
    Tag says:

Maytag
    Model CER3520AAH
    Serial 15083251YM

Is this replaceable mean can I do it? If so any links advice where I can find the part?

Thx

Control keypad failure

I don't know how they could have broken it. It may have just happened to have failed while they were using it. That type of keypad does fail occasionally just from the wear and tear of use.

With the type of control used on that model, the whole control will likely need to be replaced to correct the condition. On other models the keypad is available separately which is not the case on yours.

LINK > Magic Chef CER3520AAH Control and Keypad Asm.

The link below does have a repair video which might help you to decide if it's a job you can handle. No special tools should be required. It shouldn't be too difficult of job. I would think most reasonably handy persons should be able to complete such a repair. I don't know how capable you are.

LINK > CER3520AAH Control and repair video

Do keep in mind that this is a general repair video and not necessarily for your exact appliance model.

JFYI

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 09-30-2014, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =