Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Clothes Washer #WJSR4160DAWW

A couple months ago I replaced the transmission in this washer and the thing ran great til the nut that holds the drum to the tranny worked itself loose. I replaced the nut and everything is tight except now the thing shakes so violently that the washer will walk out from the wall 2 feet or better with a full load in it. I can't see anything that is broken that would cause it to spin so bad. My only thought is that the suspension pieces are warn out from when the nut worked loose and the drum kinda wallered around when it was spinning. I can take the drum and move it side to side and it will hit all 4 sides which seems odd but I don't remember if it could do that before or not.

My only thought is that the suspension pieces are worn out from when the nut worked loose and the drum kinda wallered around when it was spinning.
    That may be possible. There are rubber damper straps and also the suspension rods and springs (see the following link) that could have been damaged. The suspension rods may be the more likely of those components to cause problems IMO.

LINK > GE WJSR4160DAWW Suspension Parts

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I replaced the suspension rods and it made minimal difference. Medium size loads its fine but on large loads its the same thing. Still violently shakes when it spins.

Comment

And all of the rubber damper straps look to be in good shape?

Is there still fluid in the balance ring at the top of the tub? You might be able to hear it sloshing around when shaking the tub back and forth.

I can't think of anything else that could cause your symptoms.

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Nope I don't hear any fluid sloshing around. The straps look like there is slack in them but I don't remember how tight they were to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Will B
            I don't hear any fluid sloshing around.
            Maybe the balance ring was damaged by the banging around or previous service, and leaked? A visual inspection of it might be warranted.

LINK > WJSR4160DAWW Balance Ring

Are the machine's leveling legs tight and the machine level?

I'm sorry but I can't think of anything else.

Dan O.
            Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X
            =