Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refr. making noise

Whirlpool model eb19mk1lnro fridge. Freeze is on the bottom and 2 doors for fridge on the top.

It works just fine. Gets cold in the frezzer and the fridge. Every once and a while it starts to whine for about 5-10 minutes and then it stops. It is really loud when you open the frezzer. Seens to be something in the back of the frezzer making the noise. Is there a fan back there that could have a bad bearing or something? Is it hard to get in there to check things? I pulled the cover off the back bottom and it doesn't seem to be nything in there making the noise.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Vindi, Could the Model be EB19MK1LWRO?
    It sounds like the evaporator motor. It should be located behind a panel in the rear of the freezer.
    I think this is an early stage of failure. Some bearing wear and the lubrication has dried up. The squeel is the motor shaft vibrating in the bearing. Then as it warms up it get a bit of lube and quiets down I have gotten more life by getting some oil into the packing but because of the need for reliability I'd replace the motor. Should be around $40. I wanted to include a picture of the motor for you but I don't know how to do that. I hope this help you.
    Jim

I think I got the pic to show...

Comment

Yes that appears to be it. I replaced it today. Will have to wait to see how it sounds.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =