Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long dishwasher supply hose

I'm installing a new dishwasher that will be more than 6' from the water supply. All the plumbing supply and Appliance parts stores around here (southern california) carry nothing larger than 6' hoses. I've been checking on the internet for an 8 or 10 foot length, but I'm not having any luck. Anyone know where I can get a steel braided water supply hose that's at least 8 feet long?

Zabque

Standard length is 6 feet. Longer hose of that type will have to be custom made. Check the phone book for locations (privately owned and operated hardware stores) which make hoses for ranchers and farmers, if there are any in your area.

Most likely have to extend the water supply pipe to within 6 feet of the machine. Best option for the long term since dishwashers are not intended to be relocated. Once installed in the location you planned, best to extend the hot water line to it.

That distance will also require a longer water discharge hose also. Best to have one the full length needed and not connect two together for that hose either. Connecting either two of the hoses together with other hoses not a good idea either. One piece hoses are the best options, if extending the hot water line is not possible.

Electrical cord may also be too short. Extension cords are not an adviseable long term solution either. Best to have the wall electical outlet within easy reach of the OEM cord. A GFI wall outlet may also be a good idea, if the wall outlet needs to be relocated or a new outlet box installed.

Helping You Too.
    Good Luck.
    ApplianceTech2
    Natural & Propane Gas Appliance Service Rep.
    Use Logic and Common Sense When All Else Fails
    Good Luck.
    ApplianceTech2
    Natural & Propane Gas Appliance Repair Consultation Service Rep.

Comment

Nice thorough post ApplianceTech2. Thanks!
      Try

Comment

Working...
      X
      =