Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nickel stuck in garbage disposal

Please tell me there is a way to get this out without calling a plumber. I can't get the gears to move in the hole, it moved at first but now NADA! Can it be taken apart by my husband?
    Help!!! Having a really bad day.
    Thanks!
    Dianne[V]

I think your husband can handle it. Can you see the nickel?
    Try

Comment

Hello all,

Today is my first time on the site. I found a thread that matches the problem I am having. It's not a "nickel" though. I can see a metal flip-top of a soda-can wedged in the side of my disposal when I shine my flashlight down the drain. I can grab onto it with a pair of needlenose pliers and pull but it won't budge. I'm a pretty strong guy and am pulling hard. I don't want to break anything and it seems to have gotten hooked on something below! Do I need to take the disposal apart? When I use the allen wrench to turn the disposal, it turns freely until it gets to a certain point in each revolution where it binds and I can feel something scraping. When I turn the wall switch on, the disposal binds, hums, etc. If I need to drop the disposal from the sink, can someone give me the basic steps in sequence order (how to dismantle the thing) so I don't screw this up.

Thanks!

Nate

Comment

Disregard the above post... I disconnected the disposal from the drain so I could get a better look inside where the soda can top was stuck and was then able to muscle it out with needlenose pliers piece by piece. I put it all back together a it works like a champ.

Nate

Comment

Working...
        X
        =