X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** Is there another part that hold the lower bracket to the unit? **

The mounting flange:

LINK > http://www.appliance411.com/data.php?rc=1019418

The twist/locking mount (unique to ISE built disposers like Badger models) can be seen at this link (which was posted just a couple messages earlier in this thread):

LINK > http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/k...ld/replace.htm

Dan O.

The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Comment

My problems is a little different. I saw another one just like mine, but no one replied. My disposal stopped working about 2 weeks ago. It does not hum, it does nothing. We reset it, we turned it. Worked perfect earlier in the day, nothing was put in it to jam it. Any ideas? One thing was , earlier that day the power went out from a storm. Could that have something to do with it. We checked all the breakers, and everything else by the sink is working. Disposal is a little over a year old.

Holly Porter

Comment

there is a start winding in the motor that uses a centrifugal start switch. This is basically a bronze spring with a contact on it and a set of weights. Normally when the motor is shut off these contacts make up. When the motor starts the wieghts move outward disconnectiing the start winding/ So it could be the switch inside.

Comment

My Badger 5 is still humming and then the reset button pops out. I found the allen wrench opening, but what exactly do you do with the wrench? Do I need a long one or can I use the 1 inch one that I have? Also, do I turn it clockwise or counterclockwise after inserting it? Last night I just stuck it in about 3/4" without trying to turn it and nothing changed. Any further assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Kevin

Comment

** My Badger 5 is still humming and then the reset button pops out. **

Sounds like it is jammed/seized.

** I found the allen wrench opening, but what exactly do you do with the wrench? **

Put it in and turn it... after disconnecting it from power and removing any foreign material which can be found from inside of the unit. The hole in the bottom is attached to the motor's rotor. Turning it will turn the motor to hopefully fee it up.

** Do I need a long one or can I use the 1 inch one that I have? **

As long as you can get a good grip on it. The one that comes with the disposer is often angled specially (see the KitchenAid one at following link) for better grip.

- KitchenAid/ISE Disposal Jam Wrench
            LINK > http://www.appliance411.com/data.php?rc=906607

** Also, do I turn it clockwise or counterclockwise after inserting it? **

Both, working it back and forth to try to free up any jams.

Dan O.

The Appliance Information Site
            =D~~~~~~

Comment

garbage disposal repair

HELP!!! I have a disposal that when I flip the switch I get a hum but no spin. I checked to make sure nothing was jammed in the unit and it's all clear. I can turn the blades by hand and they move freely but it seems like the blades won't engage when the switch is turned on. Can anuone help.

Comment

I also have a badger 5 and it wont turn on. I hit the rest button and it began to work but it wont turn off unless i unplug it. the switch does nothing.

Comment

question: does your machine turn on when you insert the "stopper?" or does it just turn on with out you doing anything. my thoughts are that if it's a batch feed inserting the stopper closes a magnetic switch inside the throat of the machine. if this switch is stuck it'll always turn on when you plug it in.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =