Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After talking to you i plugged it back in and turned it on. This morning the ice tray is frozen and the freezer makes the vacuum sound when the door is closed. Is this just temporary or will it continue to work? Does this help with the diagnosis?

Comment

Originally posted by ecoflo
      After talking to you i plugged it back in and turned it on. This morning the ice tray is frozen. Is this just temporary or will it continue to work?
      Problems that go away of their own tend to come back on their own as well.

Does this help with the diagnosis?
      No. It could be that the compressor stopped previously because was overheating. While disconnecting it would help it too cool in the immediate time, without finding the correcting the cause, it will likely occur again.

I wouldn't suggest you put much food into it until you're certain it is going to last.

JMO

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site
      =D~~~~~~

Comment

It is working fine since i plugged it in

i put some meat in the feezer and it has stayed frozen since my last comment (months ago ?) it continues to work. What do you think the problem was?

Comment

Originally posted by ecoflo
          i put some meat in the feezer and it has stayed frozen since my last comment (months ago ?) it continues to work.
          Glad to hear it.

What do you think the problem was?
          Maybe the compressor just overheated and couldn't start up again after that? A temporary power drop could cause the compressor to overheat and combined with the compressor continually trying to restart after that, could keep it so hot it couldn't restart properly.

BTW. Whenever a fridge or freezer's compressor is clicking on and off for extended periods, power should be disconnected from the unit to give the compressor a chance to cool. If the now cool compressor doesn't start right back up when it's plugged in again, there is a problem that needs to be looked into. Keep the appliance unplugged until it can be serviced. Allowing the compressor to click on and off could damage the compressor which is an expensive ($$$) repair.

You also previously started "my seal was off too on the bottom". If that caused an excessive frost build-up on the evaporator (cooling) coil, that would likely cause the appliance to run longer than normal which could result in the compressor getting too hot as well.

Putting a full load of warm food into a freezer at one time will also strain the compressor. If combined with either of the above circumstances could result in the compressor's malfunction. I suggest large meat orders be pre-frozen by the butcher to save on the wear and tear of a home freezer.

JMO

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site
          =D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X
          =