Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 AMP TO 50 AMP NEEDED

I had an electrian wire my rental house for an electric range. He wired for 30 AMP when we were replacing drywall. I didn't realize until after that most all electric ranges are 40-50 AMP required. Is there an easy way of re-wiring at the plug. The wire was run outside in a roof with no crawl space (wires were exposed prior to putting new drywall). The electrician says it would require putting new wiring, which would require me to open up walls and ceiling. Anyone have any suggestions?

** Is there an easy way of re-wiring at the plug. **

An electrical circuit consists of a fuse/breaker in the house fuse panel, the wall receptacle and appropriately sized wiring for the load the circuit is expected to carry.

If the wall outlet used was incorrect, it could be changed. If the breaker installed was too small, it could be changed. If the wiring between the two is undersized for the load, that wiring would have to be replaced or risk of a fire hazard could result.

If you asked the electrician to install a "range outlet", he should be responsible for correcting his work and possibly the extra work required to accomplish that.

JMO

Dan O.

The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Comment

I absolutely agree with Dan, if you asked for a range recep. the electrician goofed and should be required to make it right at his cost. Have you anything in writing from the original sparky showing what work was done, or was to be done?

Comment

Working...
      X
      =