Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Clothes Washer Tub

My Majic Chef clothes washer is leaking water on the bottom of the tub. Looks to be a gasket that has worn out or the screws need to be tightened. Is this a big problem? Also I need the web site address that Dan O. so kindly gave to me before in the past, that had some good illustrations of different models of washers and break downs of the assembly order. Also had parts list and purchase info.--Thanks, Ray

More information

** Is this a big problem? **

That is diffcult to say without knowing which machine you're working on. Please post the machine's complete model number so we can find out what design of Magic Chef washer you're dealing with.

If you don't know where to find it, you can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my web site linked below.

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Comment

Majic Chef Clothes Washer Leaky Tub

Sorry about not posting the model number of the washer so here it is:
      Model# W20JA4 , Serial # AD474770. Thanks--Ray

Comment

wasehr leak

Originally posted by Raymond Lee
        [Magic Chef clothes washer] model# W20JA4 is leaking water on the bottom of the tub. Looks to be a gasket that has worn out or the screws need to be tightened.
        The screws might have loosened off but I've never come across that before nor the gaskets there 'wearing out'. They don't normally need to be replaced except when temperated with (ie. like during service). But anything's possible.

You can see the exploded parts views for your model at the following link:

LINK > Magic Chef W20JA4 Exploded Parts Views

JFYI

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site
        =D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =