Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove shroud around water filter

I have a Frigidaire with a PureSource Water filter. I need to replace a cracked water filter housing. How do i remove the shroud around it? I only see one hex head screw that attaches it to the side.

If you post the fridge's exact model number, someone may be able to look it up and tell you how to go about it.

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Comment

I went to the pure source site and found the following:
      Fits Frigidaire and Kenmore refrigerators made before April 2001 where the filter is inside of a round plastic housing

This could be of help to you as they say you may need a wrench to remove it.

Comment

Model number is FRS26ZRF. I need to remove the cover that goes around the filter system.

Comment

Originally posted by arp
          Model number is FRS26ZRF
          That is only part of a model number, did you get it rught off the appliance's model and serial number identification tag? That is the only reliable place the complete model number will be found.

LINK > Model Number Tag Search

Some of the possiblie model's filter housing looks to be accessed using a wrench the way HayZee518's link described.

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com
          =D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks for the great picture. It looks just like mine. I need to replace the whole filter unit and I can't get the piece that runs across the back off to uncover the filter system. There appears to be one screw holding it but when I remove it, it doesn't come loose.

Comment

Model number

Originally posted by arp
              I need to replace the whole filter unit and I can't get the piece that runs across the back off to uncover the filter system.
              I'm afraid I have never had to disassemble one one that far but if you post the fridge's complete model number, I'll see if looking at the parts it consists of gives me any clues as to how it might come apart.

Dan O.
              www.Appliance411.com
              =D~~~~~~

Comment

the Complete Model #FRS26ZRFD3

Comment

Originally posted by arp
                  [Frigidaire refrigerator] Model # FRS26ZRFD3. I need to replace a cracked water filter housing. How do i remove the shroud around it? I only see one hex head screw that attaches it to the side.
                  By the picture of the part (see the following link), it looks like there are recesses for 2 screws to go through it, up into the ceiling? That is just a guess though, as I said, I have never needed to remove one myself.

LINK > Frigidaire FRS26ZRFD3 Damper Control Box Housing

I don't know if it will help but you can see exploded parts views of your model at this link:

LINK > Frigidaire FRS26ZRFD3 Exploded Parts Views

BTW. What is it that you have to replace in there, the part that the filter actually goes into (see the following link)? Did it break from freezing damage??

LINK > FRS26ZRFD3 Water Filter Housing Assembly (less filter)

Dan O.
                  www.Appliance411.com
                  =D~~~~~~

Comment

Duh, I assumed that there might also be hex headed screws in those two holes. In never thought of conventional screws, Thanks I will give that a try.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =