Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooty propane stove?

I have an older TAPPAN stove that was converted to propane upon purchase that is burning very sooty. The model number, from what I could find was 191so18f225?
    When we first turn the oven on it gives off an oder , but does not smell like propane leaking. The top vent usually has soot marks on it as does the interior and lower broiler as do some of the walls in the kitchen. The soot gets so bad that it builds up in the broiler and needs to be vac'd out. Any clues?

Thanks

Have it checked out!

Originally posted by BSI1934
    I have an older TAPPAN stove... The model number, from what I could find was 191s018f225?
    That looks like the part number of something, maybe the piece of paper it was found on?

You can find tips for locating the model number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Search

older TAPPAN stove that was converted to propane upon purchase that is burning very sooty.
    Sounds like it wasn't set up properly after the conversation. I'd suggest you have a licensed gas appliance service technician check it out for you as sooting is a sign of incomplete combustion which can produce increased amounts of carbon monoxide which can be deadly!

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Comment

Conversion wasn't done properly

When converting from natural gas to propane, you need to change the orifices for propane usage. Since the orifices are set for natural gas, the appliance is overgassed causing a very rich fuel/air mixture. You may not notice it but you are increasing your chances for carbon monoxide poisoning. You will need a qualified technician to resolve your problem.

Good luck.

Comment

Tappan Stove Problem

I have a new rental house with a Tappan Stove that the model number is worn off the white sticker that is under the stove top. The only number that I could find is on the paper diagram on the back of the stove and that number is 191S018F225 (exactly the same as previous post).

Here's the problem, when the oven is being used, the top burners do not work! This is what the tenant said and I have not verified it yet.

Is it possible to find out the model number of the stove (without the id tag legible) and get an owners manual?

Any ideas on how to solve the top burners not working with the oven on?

Thanks,
        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Lindahl

The only number that I could find is on the paper diagram on the back of the stove and that number is 191S018F225.
          Yes, that is likely the part number for that piece of paper (ie. the wiring diagram).

Is it possible to find out the model number of the stove (without the id tag legible) and get an owners manual?
          Probably not. You could try contacting Frigidaire (whom makes the Tappan brand) to see if they can trace that wiring diagram number back to range models but the same wiring information is often used for numerous different models and there would be no way to determine your specific model from any list.

when the oven is being used, the top burners do not work!
          What "doesn't work" about them? Just won't light, no gas at all, flames go out when the oven is turned on???

Any ideas on how to solve the top burners not working with the oven on?
          Not until you elaborate on the exact problem symptom(s).

JMO

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X
          =