Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool washer vibration

My Whirlpool washer becomes unbalanced and noisy on every load of clothes. It is level in both directions and the feet are adjusted properly. I have tried both large and small loads and they always become unbalanced. When it becomes unbalanced, I can redistribute the load and it helps slightly. Even after I adjust the clothes, it still vibrates heavily and is noisy. It will rock itself around until it hits the wall. I have checked underneath and everything seems to be in good condition. All the springs are in place. The only thing I notice is that there is a neoprene gasket about 6" in diameter. It is sitting loose around the sheet metal housing above the clutch. Directly above the gasket is a triangular piece of sheet metal. The model number is LSQ9110LW0 and s/n is CP0411954. It was purchased in 2004.

Was the washer location moved or was it tipped on its side previous to this malfunction?

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Comment

It hasn't been tipped. But I did move it around because I installed a new laminate floor. Prior to this I had vinyl flooring that the washing machine set on. Do you think that the vinyl cushioned the vibration? I guess that I could set some rubber pads under the feet and see if this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawk
        Do you think that the vinyl cushioned the vibration?
        I wouldn't think so. A cushioned floor wouldn't absorb very much vibration from a washer.

It could just be that the 'suspension plate pads' (see the following illustration) and/or the 'base pads' are worn and slipping too much.

Direct Drive Washer Suspension

LINK > Suspension pad kit
        LINK > Pad kit, Base

BTW. When your design of washer is tipped on its side, the triangular suspension plate can get totally out of place leading to severe and continuous out of balance problems making the washer pretty much totally unusable.

JFYI

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site
        =D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =