Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

screw stuck in Emerson e20 disposal help!!!

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screw stuck in Emerson e20 disposal help!!!

So glad I found this forum!! I know I will be coming here a lot!

I have a screw stuck in my disposal. I have felt around the blade and am not really able to see into it because of the flap on the hole into the disposal. The blade will completely turn. I of course can not run water in this sink because it backs up. If I move the blade it will then drain. I have hit the reset button and it will try and then go back on safety mode. I don't have experience with taken this apart and the disposal was existing in my home and I do not have a manual. I have searched the net and found the manufactor is overseas. I emailed them since I was unable to find anthing directly about taking apart. Can anyone help me? I don't know how old it is and can't see a manufactors date on it. Does anyone know how long these really last? Thanks for your help!

** blade will completely turn.**

Will or will NOT turn??

** I of course can not run water in this sink because it backs up. **

Water should not back up just because the disposal won't turn.

** am not really able to see into it because of the flap on the hole into the disposal. **

The unit usually needs to be dismounted from the sink before that top 'splash guard' can be removed. You can read about how such models are mounted at the following link:

LINK > Garbage Disposal (In-Sink-Erator) Installing or Replacing

** found the manufactor is overseas. **

Emerson disposals are made by In-Sink-Erator in Racine, Wisconsin, USA. What country are you in?

** Does anyone know how long these really last? **

There is no set lifespan, higher-end models can last 10-15 years or more.

** can't see a manufactors date on it. **

As with most appliances, it is coded into the unit's serial number.

BTW. "E20" is likely also only part of a model number. The full model number should be printed on the same tag the unit's serial number is on (see the following link).

LINK > Model Number Tag Search

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =