Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool refrigerator/freezer problem

Hello everyone ,

I bought this used Whirlpool refrigerator/freezer (Typ: CB358W) which was supposed to working properly but only the freezer works . I've been trying to find its manual online, but no success. This refrigerator has 2 compressors, one for the freezer and one for the refrigerator. Both are running but only the freezer is cooling down. I have no idea of what it could be. I would be really thankfull with someone could help me.

Alesh

*Model* number??

Originally posted by Alesh
    Whirlpool refrigerator/freezer (Typ: CB358W) I've been trying to find its manual online, but no success.
    Is this a North American product?? If so, they can usually only be identified by its *model number*. It is unlikely you will find any information for/about it without that model number.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my web site linked below.

This refrigerator has 2 compressors, one for the freezer and one for the refrigerator.
    I've never seen a Whirlpool refrigerator with 2-compressors. I would definitely need its model number to look up what type of appliance you're dealing with.

Both are running but only the freezer is cooling down.
    What's happening with the refrigerator's evaporator (cooling) coil? It should be getting *uniformly* cold whenever the compressor is running.

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks Dan O. for your help!!!

This refrigerator is from Germany, it was made from Whirlpool to IKEA. In the label I dind'nt find any model number, but maybe someone could find some information which would help me.

This does this refrigerator have evaporator coil? I can not find the second one. The refrigerator's part is "empty", there is no screw, no fan, nothing but the light. I attached some pictures of the refrigerator so everyone could have a clue.

Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by Alesh
        This refrigerator is from Germany
        I'm afraid I am not familiar with all the designs of refrigeration products sold there.

I didn't find any model number
        Manufactures there may not use a model number as the key reference to an appliance as they do here in North America. I don't know which of the information on that tag would be necessary to properly identify the product, sorry. Maybe the CSF616S or the 900.162.33 as they appear to be listed in prominent places on the tag. It might be the "service" numbers though.

does this refrigerator have evaporator coil?
        All refrigerators and freezers have to have an evaporator coil, that is how the cooling takes place. Whether your model is suppose to have a separate one for each compartment, I'm afraid I do not know. Many refrigerators (at least around here) circulate a small amount of freezer compartment air to cool a refrigerator section rather than having a separate evaporator. On such models, the only evaporator coil is in the freezer compartment.

If the unit has 2-compressors, it should definitely have 2-evaporators too IMO. Have you tied following the tubing from those compressors to see where it goes (even if just roughly)?? One tubing from each compressor should go to an evaporator, another to a condenser.

I can not find the second one. The refrigerator's part is "empty", there is no screw, no fan, nothing but the light.
        A fridge compartment evaporator coil is sometimes hidden behind a panel inside, at the rear of the compartment. But if the fridge compartment interior is one solid piece, I don't see how that would be possible. Maybe that model has an evaporator coil built into the cabinet???

But as I said, I am not familiar with all refrigerator designs overseas. Have you tried contacting Whirlpool or one of there service depots in your country to see if they can help or maybe supply you with a service manual for it??

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site
        =D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =