Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore Model#36358251891 no power

I have a side-by-side Kenmore Model#36358251891. Today it just seemed to stop working all together. It is like I have no power to the unit. I have tested the outlet and I am getting proper voltage there. I have checked the wiring in the back of the unit and they appear to be in good order. I have NO lights inside now. It is just suddenly totally dead.

Now, here is what happened. It was working great. Everything was fine. I walked up to it to get some ice from the icemaker. It made a slight sound like it was going to start and then it all just died. Does this thing have an internal breaker/fuse somewhere. I tried to locate one, but I couldnt find anything.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Indiana

(forgot my password for my Indiana account, and the email address I used it seems)

Originally posted by Indiana1
    Kenmore side-by-side Model # 363.58251891. Today it just seemed to stop working all together.

Does this thing have an internal breaker/fuse somewhere.
    No, there is usually nothing like a circuit breaker in a refrigerator which would affect all electrical parts. I've never come across a fridge that had anything like that either.

I have NO lights inside now.
    You're sure the light(s) are not just burnt out and the fridge is not just in a defrost period where the compressor and fans are not suppose to be operating?

Any help would be appreciated!
    I'm afraid if power IS definitely at the outlet and it IS definitely getting through the fridge's power cord to the appliance (and it is not just the lights burnt out and in defrost), someone is going to have to investigate the appliance's wiring to find where the stoppage is (which is probably not going to be easy to do since much of it is inside the cabinet and mostly inaccessible).

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I did test the outlet. I am not sure how car power is making it inside the unit as I dont really see any good test points. I tested the light and it is working in another fixture. At this point I am going to have to assume that I have an open circuit somewhere close to the power cord. Anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram of this unit?

Comment

Anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram of this unit?
        There should be one on the appliance somewhere, maybe behind the lower kickplate or inside the control housing?

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Just to update, I found a broken wire in the cord. I replaced it and its working again. I am wondering if the surge when it shorted burned the icemaker motor. It tired to engage when I push the button on the front(I can hear the *click* and the hum of the motor wanting to turn, but it does not turn the spiral thing inside that dispenses the ice. The spindle does not turn when I have the icecatcher out, so I am assuming that the motor is burnt. I cannot manually turn the spindle, should I be able to?
          Last edited by Indiana1; 07-31-2006, 08:55 PM.

Comment

I found a broken wire in the cord. I replaced it and its working again.
            Glad to hear it, thanks for the follow up.

I am wondering if the surge when it shorted burned the icemaker motor. It tired to engage when I push the button on the front (I can hear the *click* and the hum of the motor wanting to turn, but it does not turn the spiral thing inside that dispenses the ice.
            The icemaker motor or the ice dispenser motor?? They are two different things.

hum of the motor wanting to turn... so I am assuming that the motor is burnt.
            If the motor was "burnt" [out] it would not usually hum. Humming would occur if the motor just couldn't turn (for whatever reason).

Have you checked to make sure it isn't just jammed up somehow?

LINK > Kenmore 363.58251891 Ice Dispenser Motor

JFYI

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X
            =