Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maytag Commercial Washer LA23CS

Don O.
    I got a commercial washer that soemone replaced the original motor with a different type. The style is the same but the wiring doesn't jive with the original print. The motor is a S67PXHEH-7631, Part No: 6 2016640-14.
    There is a centrifugal switch mounted on the end bell with a metal tab that connects mechanically to the flyball on the armature. Motor leads are Red, Black, White, Yellow, and Blue. There's also a thermal overload mounted in one corner with quick disconnects on it.
    Ohmic resistance is blk to red 3.4 ohms, wht to yrllow 2.0 ohms, wht to blu 2.0 ohms and yel to blu .6 ohms.
    One diagram I got shows that the polarity of the start winding is what reverses the motor. This is accomplished through the timer while the run winding is at a constant potential. I'd just like to find out what is the start winding and which is the run winding. I got a variac so I can test it on the bench.
    HayZee518

Originally posted by HayZee518

Maytag Commercial Washer LA23CS
    I'm afraid I have no access to Maytag commercial product information, those are treated as a separate entity from the domestic products by Maytag.

Don O.
    It is DAn

someone replaced the original motor with a different type. The style is the same but the wiring doesn't jive with the original print. The motor is a S67PXHEH-7631, Part No: 6 2016640-14.
    Those are various manufacturing numbers and not usually traceable but it looks like that motor may be Maytag part number 12002351 (see the following link).

LINK > Maytag 12002351 (old # 201805) 1-Spd. Washer Motor

I'd just like to find out what is the start winding and which is the run winding.
    I don't know for certain but by the one wiring diagram I was able to find, it looks like the RD and BR switch terminals connect to the start winding. The run winding between the BK and YL switch terminals. I have no idea of the motor's internal wiring color though nor which are for which winding. Sorry.

DAn O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks anyway...

Comment

I found a picture of a test cord for the Maytag 201805 motor (the original for the one you appear to have). Maybe it will help you determine what you're after?

LINK > 1- Speed Maytag washer motor 'cheater cord'

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

that diagram looks puurrfect!

Comment

I tried connecting the motor as you suggested with the jumper lead. When I plugged it in it hummed, did not spin and that 'ol smoke came out of it. You know, when smoke comes out of an appliance motor, it's awfully tough to put the smoke back in as the motor just doesn't want to run anymore

Comment

I tried connecting the motor as you suggested
              Just to clarify, I never "suggested" you attempt anything. I just stated that I found an illustration showing a test cord for the original motor which was the predecessor to the motor you had in hand.

When I plugged it in it hummed, did not spin and that 'ol smoke came out of it.
              Sounds like the motor's toast. What was the washer doing originally?

Dan O.
              www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

nothing - the guy that owns a laundramat had me repair several of his dryers that weren't functioning. he has ten washers of this type and the last service pro that worked on it just replaced the motor, didn't connect any leads, disconnected wires off the motor and start switch, then declared he couldn't fix it and just left. so I am stuck trying to get the thing working again. what I'm gonna do is buy a new pre-wired motor and install it so he'll have his last machine running. It's only been six months since the "pro" worked on it. The old motor smoked a bit but the windings still look intact. I'm just gonna copy the wiring from the new motor to the old and bench test it.

Comment

he has ten washers of this type and the last service pro that worked on it just replaced the motor, didn't connect any leads, disconnected wires off the motor and start switch, then declared he couldn't fix it and just left.
                  Great! Probably wasn't a Maytag factory authorized service depot, sounds like just a fly-by-night company. Sometimes you DO get what you pay for.

LINK > Home Service: Technician Pros and Cons

None of the other machines have the newest replacement motor in them that you can look at?

Dan O.
                  www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =