Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Profile ice maker not producing ice

Hi all,

We have a GE Profile PSS26SGRSS (http://products.geappliances.com/App...RSS&SITEID=GEA) that is approx. 2.5 yrs. old. No problems up until this point. Friday morning (2 days ago), I found/noticed we apparently didn't get the freezer door closed all the way the night before.

Found the obstrution, cleaned out some of the frost, closed the door, headed out to work. Friday night, I notcied the ice bucket was empty. Chalkng it up to the door being open and higher temperature, I just broke out the ice trays.

Up until 6:00pm or so on Saturday, still no ice being produced, even though the digital thermometer read 0 degress. Water flow from the water depenser was fine (also used the measuring cup testing method from GE's support site for pressure - checks OK). I removed the ice maker, popped off the cover and found ice/frost in the housing, so I let it defrost and dry out before re-installing it.

After installing and turning the switch back on, water flowed from the tube into the ice trays. Wohoo. Later that night, I checked the bucket, and noticed approx. 8 new ice cubes. However, now the ice maker power light was flashing, and I noticed the little "rake" looking thing that pops the cubes out and dumps them into the bucket was up. Cycled the power switch, and the "rake" thingy (I know, real technical here), moved back down, but no new water.

All the way until now, no new ice cubes have been made...any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

Originally posted by pillbug22

We have a GE Profile PSS26SGRSS
    That is not a complete model number (whether it's listed on the GE web site or not). Did you get it right off your appliance's model and serial number identification tag? That is the only reliable place the complete information will be found.

no new water... any ideas?
    What is the temperature in the freezer now?

Has anyone checked the fill tube through the back of the fridge for blockages since it stopped making ice again?

Many of GE's newer fridges use an electronically controlled icemaker. On those models there should be a 'tech sheet' with the appliance's wiring diagram to help diagnose problems. That diagram may be behind the kickplate in a small pocket, pouch or envelope taped to the ceiling of the compartment, inside the control panel inside the fridge or sometimes at the rear of the appliance just above the motor compartment.

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =