Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool ED22PQ icemaker no ice

Cooled water is working fine. Wire switch arm is down. Cylinder at bottom of ice reservoir which normally has some ice in it is completely empty. No sound of water flowing into the icemaker which would normally happen when the ice reservoir was low and that wire switch arm is down. Does anyone have a PDF or WORD document manual for this thing? Can't find it at www.whirlpool.com. Can't even find that model number there. I guess they prefer selling new units rather than helping you repair your 10 year old fridge.

Any ideas?

Incomplete model number

** No sound of water flowing into the icemaker **

But is it going through the motions otherwise?

** Does anyone have a PDF or WORD document manual for this thing? **

It is unlikely you will find a service manual on-line (if that's what you're looking for). An owner's manual will not usually have anything but the very most rudimentary troubleshooting tips in it so I would bother looking for it if you were hoping for help with service.

BTW. "ED22PQ" is only the very first part of a model number. I assume you didn't get it right off the model and serial number tag on the appliance? That is the only reliable place the complete information will be found.

You can find tips for locating the model number identification tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my web site linked below.

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

whirlpool model ed22pqxdn02

Hello, I have a problem my ice maker sometimes it will dump and refill some times the ice will not dump but the new water will try to refill the tray and will over flow and leak out my ice maker it seems to work fine when I remove the unit to clean out the ice and reinstall it and check the test mode with the ground jump but when it starts to refill it will over fill the tray.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =