Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GE Side/Side Icemaker still not getting water after replacing inlet valve.

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Side/Side Icemaker still not getting water after replacing inlet valve.

I have a GE, Model: GSL25JFPE BS that is not making ice.
    The icemaker has the green light and will cycle through clearing out (for now) imaginary ice cubes.
    I've checked the hose from the ice inlet valve to the maker - no clogs.
    We get water through the water dispenser.
    I've replaced the water inlet valve (combo ice and water) thinking that was the problem on the ice side.

Any suggestions of where to look next?

Thanks for the forum by the way!!!

Originally posted by clint
    Any suggestions of where to look next?
    As near as I can tell, you seen to have covered everything besides whether the icemaker is calling for water or not. Did anyone check to make sure the water valve for the icemaker was actually getting power when the icemaker should be filling?

We get water through the water dispenser.
    That should have nothing to do with operation of the icemaker... besides just letting you know that water is getting to the whole fridge.

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Did I check for power when it's filling? no.
      Is it getting water? yes, but it looks like it released barely enough to fill a shot glass. just a shot of water to help loosen the ice from the tray, i wonder? don't know. i'm going to sleep on it and see if the ice cube fairy came overnight.

Thanks for the help and quick response, Dan O.!!!! i'll try to pay it fwd!

Comment

*Update* - no water. Dammit.

Comment

Did I check for power when it's filling? no.
          That is likely something that will need to be checked. If the water valve is NOT getting power when the icemaker is calling for fill, either the icemaker's internal switch for the water fill power is not operating or there may be a problem in the wire harness from the icemaker to the water valve.

If the valve WAS getting power but the icemaker was still not filling, either the water valve was bad (unlikely IMO since you said you changed it) or the water can not flow though the tubing to the icemaker (which you said was not the case either).

Is it getting water? yes, but it looks like it released barely enough to fill a shot glass.
          Released where? How???

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

PHP Code:
            That is likely something that will need to be checked. If the water valve is NOT getting power when the icemaker is calling for filleither the icemaker's internal switch for the water fill power is not operating or there may be a problem in the wire harness from the icemaker to the water valve. 
            how do i check if the water inlet valve is getting power?
            where's the icemaker's internal switch for the water fill?
            where's the wire harness?

PHP Code:
            Quote:
            Is it getting wateryesbut it looks like it released barely enough to fill a shot glass.  

Released whereHow??? 
            coming from the icewater line into the tray. If I turn the icemaker back on, it
            1. shoots about a shotglassful of water into the tray, then
            2. rotates the spindle to remove ice cubes from the tray and
            3. then i assume that's when the water should be filling the icetray but instead it does nothing. unless i turn the icemaker off and on again, which it will cycle through the same procedure.

Comment

how do i check if the water inlet valve is getting power?
              A test light or volt mater should usually be able to be used.

where's the icemaker's internal switch for the water fill?
              Inside the icemaker. The icemaker used on your model is electronically controlled, the "switches" are likely part of a circuit board. AFAIK those icemakers are not serviceable. If they are defective, the whole unit has to be replaced.

LINK > GE GSL25JFPEBS Icemaker Assembly

where's the wire harness?
              Inside of the cabinet going from where the icemaker plugs into the wall in the freezer until it come out the bottom of the cabinet and leads to the icemaker water valve.

** Is it getting water?

yes, but it looks like it released barely enough to fill a shot glass.
              That is different than your original message title of "Icemaker still not getting water after replacing inlet valve".

**Released where? How?**

coming from the icewater line into the tray. If I turn the icemaker back on, it shoots about a shotglassful of water into the tray
              Someone will likely need to see if it's the power to the water valve cutting off or the water valve failing to stay open even while powered.

JMO

Dan O.
              www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

anybody check the bail rod? if it is up (sensing a full bucket of ice) the water won't flow. if it is locked up water won't flow in.

Comment

Little bit of water

Originally posted by HayZee518

anybody check the bail rod? if it is up (sensing a full bucket of ice) the water won't flow.
                  Good thought but the OP later corrected his complaint saying that some water was getting through to the iceamker at time of fill, but just a little bit. If the icemaker thought the ice bucket was full (resulting in the I/M bail arm being up), it wouldn't call for water at all.

JFYI

Dan O.
                  www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

ok just a thought

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =