Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore Ice maker

I have a kenmore LR5010 ice maker that doesn't make ice. I checked the water inlet valve for both the chilled water side and the ice side and both solenoids function. Still, the ice maker doesn't allow water in or make ice. I blew through the water feed hose into the icemaker and air/water come out.

any suggestions?

I just poured water into the tray to see if it will freeze and then harvest.

live in the midwest? problem seems to be going around!

i just made an identical post for my GE s/s.

good luck! i'll let you know if i find/figure anything out!

stay cool

Comment

More information...

Originally posted by kulekatdaddy

I have a kenmore LR5010 ice maker
      I'm afraid I do not know what that is. Is it a free-standing ice machine or the icemaker in a refrigerator??

If a refrigerator (or even an ice machine), please post the model number off it so we can look up what design you're dealing with. BTW I've never seen a model number like "LR5010", Kenmore model numbers are usually all numbers (eg. 363.58251891).

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my web site linked below.

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

The other numbers on the ice machine are 106626663. It screws to the top of the freezer section.

I mentioned earlier that I poured water in the maker to see if it would freeze and harvest, well it did freeze, but did not harvest.

Does this mean the control board is faulty?

Comment

The other numbers on the ice machine are 106626663. It screws to the top of the freezer section.
          So it is an "icemaker" in a refrigerator. In that case we need the model number of the refrigerator itself. The number you provided might be some sort of model number of the icemaker unit but that is not traceable by me.

I mentioned earlier that I poured water in the maker to see if it would freeze and harvest, well it did freeze, but did not harvest.

Does this mean the control board is faulty?
          That might be a possibility if either the icemaker or refrigerator use such components. I couldn't say if they are or not until the fridge's model number is supplied.

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks Dan,

the model number of the fridge is 106.56539400

Comment

[Kenmore fridge] model number 106.56539400
              The icemaker used on that model fridge has no electronics in it. It is strictly mechanical (and using regular house electricity of course).

I poured water in the maker to see if it would freeze and harvest, well it did freeze, but did not harvest.
              How cold is the freezer compartment? It has to be between 0°F and -5°F for the icemaker to operate properly. Water will freeze at a mere +32°F so just it being frozen would not necessarily cause the icemaker harvest it.

The freezer's door open sensor could stop power from going to the icemaker. Has anyone checked to see if the icemaker is receiving power or not?

Dan O.
              www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I checked the wiring harness up to the icemaker and it is receiving 115v. The temp control is the recommended setting. I also tried the "accelerated ice" button, but still no ice. The water valve is operable because I tested it with the water dispenser wiring and it allows water to flow when activated.

Comment

Icemaker defective?

The temp control is the recommended setting.
                  Great, but that doesn't necessarily mean the freezer is actually at the appropriate temperature. Only an actual test of the temperature will determine that with certainty.

I checked the wiring harness up to the icemaker and it is receiving 115v... I also tried the "accelerated ice" button, but still no ice. The water valve is operable because I tested it with the water dispenser wiring and it allows water to flow when activated.
                  If all that is true and the freezer temperature is correct for operation of the icemaker, I can only think a problem in the icemaker itself could be the cause.

If the icemaker is the problem, there are not many repair parts available for the type used on your model. The icemaker "module" (see the following link) contains all the switches, all the gearing and the motor. Unfortunately, the 'module' alone is almost the cost of a whole replacement icemaker which would usually be the most cost/time effective way to go IMO if needed.

LINK > Kenmore 106.56539400 I/M 'Module'

LINK > Whirlpool/Kenmore Modular Icemaker Asm.

JMO

Dan O.
                  www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I have a Kenmore refrigerator Model number 106-55602400 the ice maker is not making ice. I took it apart to see if I could see anything. I could not see anything wrong except maybe the water holding tray was half full with ice.
                    Any sugjustions
                    Thanks

Comment

the ice harvest works off a freeze timer and an ice sensor. this is all integral to the ice maker.

Comment

I could not see anything wrong except maybe the water holding tray was half full with ice.
                        If you fill the ice mold with water manually, will the icemaker harvest (eject) the cubes once made?

What is the temperature of the freezer compartment exactly?

Dan O.
                        www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        =