Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whirlpool model edpqxdn02

Hello, I have a problem my ice maker sometimes it will dump and refill some times the ice will not dump but the new water will try to refill the tray and will over flow and leak out my ice maker it seems to work fine when I remove the unit to clean out the ice and reinstall it and check the test mode with the ground jump but when it starts to refill it will over fill the tray.

Model number incorrect

Originally posted by rockfish71

whirlpool [refrigerator] model edpqxdn02
    I'm afraid that is not a proper model number, it looks to be missing at least several numbers in the middle of it. Please double check it so we can find out which Whirlpool appliance design you're dealing with.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my web site linked at the bottom of this message.

some times the ice will not dump but the new water will try to refill the tray and will over flow and leak out my ice maker
    The icemaker should not refill if it doesn't go through the harvest stage to dump the cubes. It shouldn't be able to go past the harvest stage without the cubes being removed from the ice mold.

Are you sure the ice mold is not just overfilling at times instead missing a harvest cycle as you claim???

The only way I can see an icemaker actually "missing" a harvest and refilling afterwards is if the icemaker was internally defective. I've never heard of one being defective in that way and it only being intermittent.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

whirlpool ed22pqxdn02

Hello, sometimes it will go's days with out making ice now it started to make ice again it will dump the ice and over fill just about everytime.

Comment

it will dump the ice and over fill just about every time.
        So it is overfilling from the get-go and NOT filling again with ice already in the mold, causing it to overflow???

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

The ice maker will do what it wants at times it will do boths things over fill and not dumping the ice and over filing too. do you have any idea what the problem is is it the ice maker or the water valve?

Comment

The ice maker will do what it wants at times it will do boths things over fill and not dumping the ice and over filing too. do you have any idea what the problem is is it the ice maker or the water valve?
            No I don't.

Just overfilling could be caused by several things. Filling again without first dumping the cubes couldn't possibly be anywhere else other than in the icemaker itself although I don't see how such a thing could be intermittent as you stated.

LINK > Whirlpool ED22PQXDN02 Icemaker Asm.

JMO

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

To Be Continued...

To read the conclusion of this saga, check the following link:

Follow Up Message LINK > whirlpool model edpqxdn02

JFYI

Dan O.

Comment