Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radon Mitigation System

This question may be relative but I will ask it anyway. When we had our house inspected in 2003 the radon tests came back mostly OK but with something like 2 spikes above the safe level. We had the seller install a radon mitigation system. It's on all the time but the thing is, sometimes, the fan makes an annoying noise. My office, where I am sitting now, is in same corner of the house as the fan is bolted to and it's quite a distraction. Do you think it's safe to just switch it off until I can have someone look at it?

Thanks, Max

don't see why not. radon is an invisible gas emitted from natural occuring radiation. maybe shock mounting the fan would work

Comment

Thanks. I'm not too sure if it's the fan that is causing the noise, or the pipe that is strapped up the full height of the wall. I'll look into it.

Comment

the fan could be mounted on the duct and if it was a vibration mounting, the rubber feet could dry out causing the transmission of sound to the duct which will act as a large resonant box - vibrating at an annoying frequency.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =