Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refrigerator water line problems

I have a GE refrigerator. The water line appears to be kinked up about 4 inches from where it comes out of the dispenser. No water will come out the dispenser. I can run a stiff string thru the water line and it gets caught there everytime. Can someone tell me how to get the kink out without taking the door off and putting in a new line?

Originally posted by jcm
    The water line appears to be kinked up about 4 inches from where it comes out of the dispenser... I can run a stiff string thru the water line and it gets caught there everytime.
    Maybe the line is just frozen?? I don't see how the water line inside the door could possibly become kinked.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by jcm View Post
      I have a GE refrigerator. The water line appears to be kinked up about 4 inches from where it comes out of the dispenser. No water will come out the dispenser. I can run a stiff string thru the water line and it gets caught there everytime. Can someone tell me how to get the kink out without taking the door off and putting in a new line?
      I'm just a homeowner like you but, I would recommend you replace the tubing. Your kink is now a weak spot. The more it is disturbed the weaker it gets. If it decides to break when you are not home, that few dollar length of tubing can cause thousands of dollars in damage. I've seen exactly that happen. Don't let it happen to you.

Comment

thanks Dan O.

It was a frozen water line. I put the blow dryer to it and not long after, the ice melted and the water came on through. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Fixed

Originally posted by jcm

It was a frozen water line. [when] the ice melted, the water came on through.
          Glad to hear it, thanks for the follow up.

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X
          =