Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool dryer not heating

I have a Whirlpool dryer that is 3 years old (model #: LER762OLWO). We have never had any problems with the dryer until one day it just stopped heating. I took the back panel off and checked all connections to make sure everything was actually connected and nothing was broken or burned. I also checked the heating element and the coils are intact, half of the plate underneath the coils is grayish but looks like it came that way (no burnt smells, equally gray). I cleaned the lint trap, vents, and pipe out (there wasn't much to clean). I did realize that when you turn the knob onto timed drying and let it run the knob does not move. The drum spins and motor runs and we've checked both breakers. Any suggestions?

the timer motor is supposed to advance to the next step or to off depending where you have it set. I'd suspect the timer motor.

Comment

Does the timer have its own motor that can be rplaced or do you have to just replace the whole timer?

Comment

Dryer heat

Originally posted by chasity_123us

Does the timer have its own motor
        Yes.

can [it] be replaced or do you have to just replace the whole timer?
        Timer motors are not usually available separately. If it was defective (ie. not running when getting power), the whole timer would usually have to be replaced.

LINK > Whirlpool LER7620LW0 Dryer Timer

Are you sure it was on a 'timed' setting when it was not advancing? On your dryer model, the timer will not advance on an 'auto' or 'permanent press' setting without heat.

one day the dryer just stopped heating.
        You can read about common possibilities for that symptom at the following link:

LINK > Can anybody tell me the most likely scenarios for lack of heat in an electric dryer?

JFYI

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =