Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badger curse

Oh please help...i am on my third Badger garbage disposal unit in 3 years...they all quickly develop the same problem...leaking from underneath the motor. My current badger was installed in February 2007...it worked fine for 6 weeks, we went away for 2 months and now it is leaking just like the others. I have no receipt for the thing and cant find the serial number. why/how could this same problem keep happening to me...is it the badger curse?? I really cant take it any more...three badgers, 3 different plumbers/handymen (only one of which was mentally ill and/or drunk)..about $300 and still it drip drip drips...please help

Originally posted by jennyjoy

I have no receipt
    In-Sink-Erator (whom makes Badge disposals) is usually very good about providing warranty service without a bill of sale if the date code in the unit's serial number indicates it should be within the warranty period.

cant find the serial number
    The model and serial number identification tag should be right on the side of the disposal body. Hopefully it wasn't installed with the tag at the back side of the disposal but would just have to be dismounted to read it.

why/how could this same problem keep happening to me?
    Bad luck? or maybe ISE had a run of bad units??

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I hate badgers

oh thank you for this! I have found the serial number - with the help of a mirror! - and I shall try to get it fixed under warranty. but something funny is going on...the top half is a badger 5 plus (with 3 year warranty)and the bottom is a badger 5 (with 2 year warranty) - either way it was only put in in feb. but something is very wrong under my sink..yippes

Comment

Originally posted by jennyjoy
        the top half is a badger 5 plus (with 3 year warranty) and the bottom is a badger 5 (with 2 year warranty)
        Maybe it was a refurbished unit? ISE should be able to tell once you provide the complete model and serial numbers. The warranty will be applicable to whatever model and serial number are on the unit.

BTW. When they replace it, make sure to keep some sort of receipt. If I'm not mistaken, ISE will give a whole new warranty on the replacement disposal from date of installation (if replaced).

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

bagder rescue

oh great! thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =