• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool Trash Compactor

Model # TU900QPDB0
    Serial Number: SG3162612
    Class R1

I have verified the outlet has power. I don't know what else to do. Simply, I turn it "on" and then press "start" in which case it should begin to compact. Instead, nothing happens.

Any advice on what troubleshooting steps I should take?
    Try

Troy is there a safety latch switch on the drawer? Me thinks this should be made up BEFORE anything happens.

Comment

I don't know about a safety latch on the door. The only safety mechanism that I see is:

There is also the little white button that gets pressed when the door is shut, but I feel that is working. It is like this thing is not plugged in. I don't know what happened to it, I came home from work one day and it wasn't working. I do have a 22 month old that is in to everything, so that could have something to do with it

I love this thing, I don't know why. A whole week's worth of garbage will fit in it, and since garbage collection falls under my list of household responsibilities then I appreciate being able to do it less often!
      Try

Comment

Power supply

There is a safety switch for the drawer. It could be defective or maybe just fallen out of place. There are also a couple of other switches inside and also a motor which could be defective or even just have a problem with their wiring.

The unit may have to be pulled out and the power supply traced to see where the stoppage is. I don't know how much can be serviced with the unit still in place.

I don't know if it will help but you can see exploded parts views of your model at the following link:

LINK > Whirlpool TU900QPDB0 Exploded Parts Views

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I see the safety switch, it is black and in the back of the drawer. I'll try to get this thing out of the cabinets and take your advice. Thanks!
          Try

Comment

Let us know how you make out.

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com
            The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X
            =