Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool Compactor

I have a Whirlpool trash compactor, model number SAC301P1, that has just started to malfunction at the end of its cycle. What happens is that when the ram assembly returns to the top of compactor it continue to thump up and down instead of turning off. My suspicion is the the switch that detects the ram has returned to the top of the compactor is malfunctioning. I have checked that the ram assembly is pushing the switch lever and I have also pushed it manually but the ram keeps thumping up and down at the top of the compactor.

Other than the problem listed above, the compactor operates normally when the start knob is turned. To stop the bumping, we turn the start button to the off position.

Any thoughts about the problem?

Thank you

Jim

the switch evidently operates the solenoid valve if the unit is hydraulic. if it's electric with an internal lead screw then it operates a reversing relay which may be stuck in the forward motion or reverse. if pressing the switch in the retract motion the contacts in reverse relay may be welded shut.

Comment

Originally posted by sappjb

My suspicion is the the switch that detects the ram has returned to the top of the compactor is malfunctioning.
      That would be my guess.

I have checked that the ram assembly is pushing the switch lever and I have also pushed it manually but the ram keeps thumping up and down at the top of the compactor.
      Has anyone check to see if the switch's contacts are opening or closing like they should??

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
      X
      =