Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore electric dryer 110.60702990 stops

My Kenmore Series 70 electric dryer stops 3 to 4 times while drying each load. I don't open the door and push the start button again. I replaced the two thermostats, checked the vent hose and vent outlet for lint. I replaced the drum belt not too long ago because of sqeaking on the teflon idler assembly. Any suggestions on a possible solution?

check the door switch and door latch. the door switch is in series with the relay holding contacts on the motor relay. the start push button is connected to one side of the motor relay. pushing in this button starts the motor, the holding contact pulls in and electrically locks in making the motor start and run. opening the door interrupts the holding circuit and the motor contactor drops out.

Comment

Originally posted by gbelew

Kenmore electric dryer stops 3 to 4 times while drying each load. I don't open the door and push the start button again.
      You mean it starts back up by itself after shutting down???

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

It doesn't start back up by itself. I push the start button each time.

Comment

Motor problem?

Originally posted by gbelew

It doesn't start back up by itself. I push the start button each time.
          Ok.

Your symptom is usually caused by the motor overheating and cutting out on its internal overload protector. That protector will reset once the motor has had a chance to cool down... until it (or the motor) finally fails for good.

If the motor's air vents are not just clogged with dust and lint, etc. causing it to overheat, the motor is likely defective and needs to be replaced. It is a common failure on all makes, models and ages of dryers.

You can read about that job at the following link and see the replacement motor for your dryer at the second:

LINK > Drive Motor Thermal Protector

LINK > Kenmore 110.60702990 Dryer Motor

JFYI

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X
          =