Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kenmore80 series washer water level sensor

my model 110 .22882101 kenmore washer ( 110 = Whirlpool made it) the sensor for the water level has stopped working . I put in a load and turned the washer on the large load capacity, left came back to a flooded garage. Any help with where the sensore is located would be helpful or anyone with experience in fixing this problem would be very helpful. Thank you Magmay

the sensor is under the back panel. it's a diaphragm switch. go to www dot repairclinic dot com. do a search for your appliance. there's blown up diagrams of washers and will give you a general idea of where to look.

Comment

Originally posted by magmay

[Kenmore washer] model 110.22882101. the sensor for the water level has stopped working. I put in a load and turned the washer on the large load capacity, left came back to a flooded garage. Any help with where the sensor is located would be helpful
      The water level control is inside the washer's control panel. You can read how they work at the following link and see the one for your washer model at the second.

LINK > Water Level Control

LINK > Kenmore 110 .22882101 Water Level Control

JFYI

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I just had this happen, except it flooded my kitchen. The problem is that I'm having trouble figuring out where the level sensor is located on my washer. It's a Kenmore model 110.92380200. Looks like that website came back with a part that's around $61, but I can't figure out exactly where it goes.

Thank you,
        -Bill
        William Killeffer
        East Ridge, TN

Comment

Originally posted by wkilleffer

I'm having trouble figuring out where the [water] level sensor is located on my washer. It's a Kenmore model 110.92380200.
          The water level control on your model is inside the washer's control console (as it is on most washer models). You can read how they work at the following link and see the one for your washer model at the second.

LINK > Water Level Control

LINK > Kenmore 110.92380200 Water Level Control

JFYI

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~
          Last edited by Dan O.; 08-13-2007, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan O.

The water level control on your model is inside the washer's control console.
            It's up in the control console just as you said. It is listed as the water level switch on the Sears website.

Once I got into the console, I saw that the tube running from the tub to the switch diaphragm had come loose, so I plugged it back in and all is working well. But it could be a lesson in why leaving appliances unsupervised is a bad idea.

Thank you,
            -Bill
            Last edited by Dan O.; 08-13-2007, 04:13 PM. Reason: formatting
            William Killeffer
            East Ridge, TN

Comment

Originally posted by wkilleffer

Once I got into the console, I saw that the tube running from the tub to the switch had come loose
              Yes that sometimes happens, especially if the washer goes out of balance. That tubing can also get worn from vibrations and leak air so the proper air pressure never makes it to the water level control to activate it.

I plugged it back in and all is working well.
              Glad to hear it. Thanks for the follow up.

JFYI

Dan O.
              www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
              X
              =