Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maytag gas dryer ignition problem

Hello have a maytag gas dryer that lights when cold but after it cycles sometimes the burner will not light. I know what every one is going to say change the coils but... when it tries to relight the glow bar heats up and the gas valves do not open, there is no voltage present at the coils until I pull the flame sensor wire off then it relights. So im thinking the flame sensor is bad if anyone here can tell me why it could be the coils when I pull the flame sensor wire off and it lights please do. I dont want to change the wrong parts if I dont have to. On a side note this is not a air flow problem, thermostat, thermal fuse, or timer problem. Thanks for you help.

** maytag gas dryer **

Maytag has sold numerous designs of gas dryers over the years. The only way we can find out which one you're dealing with is if you post its exact model number.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my web site linked below.

** I pull the flame sensor wire off then it relights. **

The flame sensor circuit should open when it detects a flame or the ignitor fully glowing. If it doesn't open at those times, it is quite possibly defective.

LINK > Radiant Sensor Operation

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks Dan O. for your reply the dryer is a maytag model# ldg9304aae.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =