Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Fridge Not Cooling

The freezer side works fine but the fridge will not cool anything. Reset it, it worked for 2 weeks and now everything is warm again. Any ideas please let me know.
    Thanks

the freezer is the heart of your system. if there's no cooling in the evaporator plate of the freezer then the rest will not cool off. check for freon leaks, check for condenser coils being cleaned of dust and lint. if it has a condenser fan make sure it's spinning. on the compressor are two tubes - one is smaller than the other. the bigger tubing should be cool or cold, the smaller one should be very warm. if they are the same temperature you have a leak somewhere. if there is a recirculating fan check to see if that is spinning. usually you can hear it.

Comment

Things to check

Originally posted by motto

[GE Fridge] freezer side works fine but the fridge will not cool
      Depending on which exact model of refrigerator it is and how it was designed, the page at the following link describes some of the possible causes.

LINK > My frost free refrigerator is not cooling properly. What might be the problem?

Each would have to be tested/inspected for one at a time to rule them out as possibilities in your case.

I reset it
      What exactly did that entail???

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
      X
      =