Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE fridge- water won't dispense

I have a model GSS25KGPD side by side, and it quit dispensing H2O. The ice maker still works, and I checked the reservoir (water flowing through it) for freezing. I followed the water line under the fridge to a quick connect under the freezer door and un-coupled it. Water flows from here when I push the dispense lever on the door. So it seems to be a problem between the bottom of the freezer door and the outlet in the door... And air will not go through the line at all. Any ideas???

Thanks-
    Dustin
    gear-up@att.net

Water line freezing?

** it seems to be a problem between the bottom of the freezer door and the outlet in the door **

Good investigation.

A number of early model electronically controlled GE Artica SxS refrigerators (like yours is) had a problem with the water line inside the freezer door freezing. The "fix" was to replace the doors with thicker ones containing more insulation. GE was providing this fix as a field repair to affected users without charge even after the normal warranty has expired.

I do not know if yours is an affected model nor whether GE is still providing the fix for them for free. I suggest you contact GE or one of their factory service depots with the complete model and serial number of the fridge and your description of the problem to see if they might do something for you. Otherwise you may just have to just thaw the door and keep an eye on it or spring for new doors yourself (which I'm sure would be multiple hundred of dollars and unlikely to be worthwhile).

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks Dan O. It was indeed a frozen door. I emptied the freezer, turned it off for about an hour and viola! it worked fine. Thanks for the nod in the right direction.

Comment

Fixed!

Originally posted by fixanything

turned it off for about an hour and viola! it worked fine.
        Glad to hear it. Thanks for the follow up.

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =