Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

refrigerator problems caused by electrical??

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refrigerator problems caused by electrical??

I bought a Kenmore top freezer refrigerator 7 years ago. After 2 years, it slowly stopped freezing and cooling and I had to have it repaired (timer replaced). After another 3 years the same thing started happening again and frost was building up on the inside of the freezer. We paid alot but the repairman didn't really seem to know the problem. Now, another 2 years later, the freezer and refrigerator started losing their cool again. Not wanting to pay for more repairs, I bought a 3 year old Maytag side-by-side. It was working at the house I bought it from. It worked for a few days then I started hearing some motor every 5-10 minutes like it was trying to cool, but it slowly lost its cool as well. Now it is simply a large storage container. So, it seems that I have broken two refrigerators. Could there be another issue behind all this. It often seems to happen when they are fuller than normal (holiday times). Could something electrical cause this?

** Could something electrical cause this? **

While either might have an electrical problem there should be no common problem which would affect both refrigerators.

** frost was building up on the inside of the freezer. **

Someone will have to check to see if it is just a defrost problem again or if there might be a more serious refrigeration system problem. Both are discussed at the following link:

LINK > How does a frost free refrigerator's defrost system work?

** I started hearing some motor every 5-10 minutes **

Maybe from the compressor?? (see the following link)

LINK > My refrigerator is making strange sounds. What is wrong with it?

** Kenmore top freezer refrigerator 7 years ago... a 3 year old Maytag side-by-side. **

Neither of those descriptions help very much to identify the appliances in question. If you need any specific help, please post the appliances' model numbers as was requested in the forum's first message:

LINK > Please include Make and Model # in post

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =