Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maytag Fridge RTD2100AAL

Hi,

I have a problem with my maytag fridge (RTD2100AAL). The fridge when it is running does a good job keeping everything cool, but every day and a half to two days it stops running. After a little investigating I realized if I twist the little nob on the defrost timer until it clicks and twist the thermometor off and on the fridge turns back on. I did this in hopes that it would fix the problem but then a couple days later it happened again. So I figured my defrost timer was going bad so I bought a new one (Used, but in working condition), after replacing the timer it worked great again for 2 days and then once again it stopped working. Any ideas of what might be the problem because I am out of ideas?

Thanks
    Zach

Originally posted by hohmanz

Any ideas of what might be the problem?
    Since you said fiddling with two parts got it running but you only replaced one, maybe the other is/was the problem??

LINK > Maytag RTD2100AAL Thermostat

BTW. A thermostat with 'sticking' contacts can often be determine by gently tapping (not turning) the control knob when it should be running. If the compressor starts right up after that, it is often a pretty good sign of a problem in that thermostat.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
    Last edited by Dan O.; 03-05-2008, 02:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
    X
    =