Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dishwasher soap dispenser doesn't open

I have a dishwasher that runs through all cycles just fine however, the dispenser holding the soap does not open, therefore I only get a pre-wash done and nothing else. How do I repair? I can manually open it with ease, but it doesn't open when dishwasher is running.

Product identification needed

Originally posted by Biddle34

I have a dishwasher...
    I'm afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its brand name and exact model number in order to enable us to look up to see what design of appliance you're dealing with. If you post that information we'll see if we can offer suggestions.

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Dishwasher lid doesn't open

Model number is RUD5000KB1, serial number FL3201766. Roper brand made by Whirlpool, does that help?

Comment

That model has a mechanical dispenser mechanism operated by a cam on the timer. There is no one common failure point AFAIK. Someone would actually need to look into it to see where the trouble with the machanism lies.

I don't know if it will help but you can see exploded parts views of that model at the following link:

LINK > Roper RUD5000KB1 Exploded Parts Views

JFYI

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =