Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool ice maker stopped filling with water

I have a Whirlpool ED25DQXDN04. The ice maker stopped filling with water.

The water despenser works fine.

If I add water myself into the icemaker it works fine. Makes ice and all that.

When I pulled the refig forward I did see water on the floor and shutoff the water so something was leaking as well but not sure what.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Dave

Frozen?

Originally posted by daveb

icemaker stopped filling with water... it works fine [otherwise].
    Check if the icemaker fill tube that goes through the rear of the cabinet has frozen closed.

I pulled the refig forward I did see water on the floor and so something was leaking as well but not sure what.
    Someone is going to have to try to pinpoint the origin before we'll be able to offer suggestions on how it might be corrected.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Sorry I haven't posted sooner. You were right on! The hose going into the icemaker was froozen solid. First time in 10 years. Seems to be working fine again.

Thanks!

Dave

Comment

Fixed?

The hose going into the icemaker was frozen solid.
        Keep an eye on it. If it occurs again, you likely have a problem in the water supply to the refrigerator or in the fridge's water valve.

Seems to be working fine again.
        Glad to hear it. Thanks for the follow up.

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I will, I did noticed the water coming out the tap seems extra cold this year which might have something to do with it.

Thanks again,
          Dave

Comment

I did noticed the water coming out the tap seems extra cold this year which might have something to do with it.
            The temperature of the water shouldn't affect it. I was referring to reduced water pressure to the fridge can cause leaking through its water valve as could a problem in the fill valve itself.

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~
            Last edited by Dan O.; 03-19-2008, 12:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by daveb View Post
              Sorry I haven't posted sooner. You were right on! The hose going into the icemaker was froozen solid. First time in 10 years. Seems to be working fine again.

Thanks!

Dave

can I ask how you got it thawed? I'm having the same problem... water dispenser works fine, icemaker cycles through ok, but no water is filling the tray after a cycle is done.

Comment

Originally posted by vegasj View Post
                can I ask how you got it thawed? I'm having the same problem... water dispenser works fine, icemaker cycles through ok, but no water is filling the tray after a cycle is done.
                From the back of the frig you can unscrew and remove the filling hose and then just run it under warm water. Took only a few minutes.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                X
                =