Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand alone icemaker

Dan, a lady up the street has a stand alone U-LINE icemaker Model BI98. She says the problem is no ice at all. The refrigeration control was turned all the way up, the box was very cold. The bail wire is free to move. The water inlet is 1/4 inch copper off a saddle valve on the cold water supply. This has a hose adapter where it screws onto the inlet valve. Is it possible that the larger fill tube is frozen to the inlet tubing preventing water from getting in the tray? I couldn't get in there to read anything with a meter. she says the icemaker hardware is a sealed unit. The factory specs says it will make 25 pounds of ice in a 24 hr period.

** Is it possible that the larger fill tube is frozen to the inlet tubing preventing water from getting in the tray? **

I'm not familiar with U-Line products but that model just looks like a bar-fridge sized freezer with standard refrigerator icemaker installed. With such an icemaker the fill tube that should go through the cabinet to the icemaker could possibly freeze shut preventing water from reaching it. I don't know how common such a failure is on that type of unit though.

** she says the icemaker hardware is a sealed unit. **

I don't know what that means. The icemaker should be removable from the cabinet and according to the user manual, the icemaker itself looks to be of a serviceable type too.

I have been told that U-Line has pretty good customer service. You could try contacting them to see if they can supply a service manual for it?

LINK > U-Line Service

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =