Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kenmore shortie

Hi All,
    I don't know if this question belongs here or not...
    I'm looking for a replacement cup for my very old kenmore shortie- a mini food processor/chopper. It's over 22 years old and was a wedding gift.

Any ideas were to look for this? I've googled and none of the small appliance replacement parts sites list it.
    TIA,
    kpstr

try nelson small appliance.

Comment

Isn't Kenmore a Sears brand? Have you tried contacting them?

Comment

Kenmore IS a Sears brand name but most of the time appliances carrying the Kenmore name are manufactured by other firms.

Comment

I did try the nelson site- no kenmores there. i haven't called sears but from what i can see on their replacement parts site, they only offer major appliance parts.

the bottom of the unit only says "sear roebuck and co." made in france and the model number.

good suggestion HayZee-made by another company (as most things seem to be) but i don't know who. any thoughts? i'll google and see if i come up with anything.

if i had time to garage sale shop, i could probably find the plastic cup! it's an awesome little chopper but the ductape i have holding the cup together is getting a bit "grungy".
          thanks!
          kpstr

Comment

try this site in canada.
            Food Processors - Yahoo! Canada Shopping

Comment

Sears Roebuck

Originally posted by kpster
              I did try the nelson site- no kenmores there.
              Did you try actually contacting them and asking. Only Sears sells "Kenmore" products, it is their exclusive brand. Parts however should be able to be had from anyone that sells them. Not everyone's complete inventory is listed online either.

i haven't called sears but from what i can see on their replacement parts site, they only offer major appliance parts.
              Sears sells replacement parts for anything they've sold over the years... if still (and was ever) available.

the bottom of the unit only says "sear roebuck and co."
              That will make it a Sears USA product. I don't know if Sears Canada would be able to help you with that (if that's were you live). Try the Sears PartsDirect web site with your model number as that site covers most USA Sears' products.

JMO

Dan O.

Comment

I'll check out the canadian site HayZee. thanks.

I haven't called Sears yet as I thought I'd try to locate it online first before I sit and wait on a phone....

I checked the sears site, it was the first place I looked. nothing there for this processor. As i mentioned, it's a 22 year old unit that they no longer make (would be a pretty safe assumption AND I did check)

I googled who makes kenmore appliances and found a great site that shows who makes what. you look at the first 3 digits of the model number and it shows which company actually makes the unit! Unfortunately my unit doesn't appear to be made by anyone (first 3 digits are 400 and, according to the chart, there is no 400)

I'll give it another shot tomorrow. the ductape can always be redone which is looking like the only real fix thus far.
                thanks for the info!
                kpstr

Comment

Is this thing electrically operated? or is it like one of those Ronco products that you operate with the palm of your hand. Has a bottom cup you load your veggies into then tap the knob on top. the blades go down and chop the food and rotate every rap. EBay has an Oster for ten bucks that is one of those rapping choppers.

Comment

Ha ha. It's electric.

It's a small device, has a one to one and a half cup (ish) capacity. the blade goes into the cup, then items to be sliced/diced ect, then lid. the motor unit goes on top, is plugged in and then there's a "pulse" button/slider that operates it. It's a funky little thing but I love it. simple and functional and getting old!

here's the model number 400.696600.

I checked the canadian site, no go. It says Made in France on the bottom so maybe I'll look into that tomorrow.

not a big deal and I've probably wasted too much time on this goofy thing! thanks tho for the help.
                    ksptr

Comment

Originally posted by kpster
                      I googled who makes kenmore appliances and found a great site that shows who makes what. you look at the first 3 digits of the model number and it shows which company actually makes the unit! First 3 digits are 400 and, according to the chart, there is no 400
                      If that was my Appliance411 web site, it only lists the manufacturers of major home appliances which is what the site deals with. Just because a source code isn't listed doesn't mean it doesn't/didn't exist.

I did check my lists of source codes for other product types and I'm afraid they had no listing for 400... It jumped from 390 to 401. You may have to actually contact Sears and get someone to check their archives. Sorry.

BTW. Even if they say the part is discontinued try to get the actual part number or ask if they can tell you the product manufacturer. A part number may be able to be traced to another supplier or maybe the OEM manufacturer.

JMO

Dan O.
                      www.Appliance411.com
                      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks Dan,
                        I don't know if it was your site or not, I visited many! I was kidding about "not being made by anyone" it just feels like that at the moment as, like you mentioned, the numbers jump around my 400. model number.

I was hoping to find out who actually made the unit so I could look under a different manufacturer for the part...I'll call sears today to see if they either carry the replacement cup or can tell me the part number and/or manufacturer.

it's a simple moulded, clear-plastic cup with a rounded metal nub at the bottom that the blade sits on. How difficult is that? VERY!

thanks for the tips,
                        kpstr

Comment

it was your site Dan- great info there!!

Comment

Still need Shortie cup?

Hi- I have one but lost the blade. Ran into same prolem tryng to order replacement part. Maybe we can work some thing out...

Comment

Close...

I found a listing for a model 400.696900 Kenmore food processor. That one looks to have been made for Sears by Hamilton Beach. Other models starting 400... could very well be too.

Its list shows the "Bowl" as part # 3110-717-0000 which has need discontinued. You can see its parts diagrams at the following link if you're interested.

LINK > Sears Kenmore 400.696900 food processor - parts list

There's a slim chance you might be able to find old stock of parts for the 400... models kicking around at a Hamilton Beach service depot.

JFYI

Dan O.
                              Appliance411.com
                              The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 04-14-2013, 11:14 AM. Reason: Corrected manufacturer to be Hamilton Beach

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              =