Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice maker cycle dont stop

in my frigidaire fridge ice maker cycle will fill water and ejector wont stop rotating so again it will fill water and over flow. this cycle wont stop. valve is working fine cos it stop filling and ejector keep rotating telling machine to fill up tray again. it should stop after fill and allow to frezze before going for second round. how i can fix this problem. thx in advance.

the ice maker is fastened to the inside of the freezer compartment with two 5/16" hex screws. if you loosen the screws you should be able to lift up the unit to remove it. the water tube is just "stuck" through a hole in the back of the fridge. the electrics have a molex plug and receptacle. you should be able to just pull them apart. when you get the unit out, look for a cam affair that trips a switch along with the harvester motor. the harvester should rotate once, then stop until the next cycle. the full bucket indicator is a wire that is connected to the harvester switch assembly. the wire "bail" lifts and falls to detect a full bucket, shutting off the fill freeze cycle. the icemaker has a small heater to release the "cubes" during the harvest cycle. you can locate replacement parts at www dot repairclinic dot com or contact Dan O - moderator of the appliance forum.

Comment

Model number

Originally posted by daffod

my frigidaire fridge
      I'm afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its exact model number.

Forum Notice > Please include Make and Model # in post

how i can fix this problem.
      That will depend on the design of the icemaker used in whatever model of refrigerator you have and whether it is even serviceable. Otherwise replacing the whole icemaker mechanism might be required.

JMO

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

i dont see any wire bail to indicate water level.

Comment

Model number is GLRS267ZAB5
          ice maker model number is M1

i removed it but cant find any worn parts or any thing.
          what should i check for next?

Comment

look on the wiring diagram of the fridge for the two wires that operate the harvester motor and use a jumper extension cord with two alligator clips on it. watch it go through its cycle. the bail wire will go up then down if its working correctly. the motor should stop after the harvester rotates once.

Comment

Originally posted by daffod
              i dont see any wire bail
              It runs along the side of the ice cube mold. You might be able to see the silver colored, reverse "L" shape in the picture at the following link. That's all it is.

LINK > Frigidaire GLRS267ZAB5 Icemaker Asm.

... to indicate water level.
              It checks for the height of ice in the ice container bin not water. If there is too much ice in the bin the bail wire can't return to the ON position which stops the icemaker. Manually lifting the lever should also stop it.

JFYI

Dan O.
              www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I decided to buy a replacement unit. some one suggested me to buy universal one model IMBD03-004 and p/n 241642501 will it work? or i have to buy M1 only.

Comment

I have no idea what an IMBD03-004 is but 241642501 *might* work as it is at least a Frigidaire part number. It isn't the number called for for your refrigerator model though.

JMO

Dan O.
                  www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

i installed it and working fine so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =