Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool SidexSide Shuts Off/Stops Cooling

My Whirlpool Side by Side (model ED25TEXHW00) has started shutting off by iteself. Everything in the freezer begins to melt (and totally melts if I don't catch it in time). I can get it to "kick" back on by turning the temperature dial to off and back up to 5, until recently when that stopped working. Now the refridgerator has stopped cooling too when it has it's episodes of shutting off, and the only thing that seems to kick it back on is to unplug it and plug it back in.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

Sticking thermostat contacts?

Originally posted by Arvonar

I can get it to "kick" back on by turning the temperature dial to off and back up to 5
    Rather than that, try just gently tapping/wrapping the control knob with a finger. If it starts right up after that, it may indicate that the thermostat's contacts are 'sticking' and a sign it needs to be replaced.

LINK > Whirlpool ED25TEXHW00 Control Thermostat

Now the refridgerator has stopped cooling too when it has it's episodes of shutting off
    All the cooling for the whole appliance happens in the freezer (see the following link). If it isn't working, neither will the fridge compartment.

LINK > My frost free refrigerator is not cooling properly. What might be the problem?

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

The tapping works, so I'll get a thermostat. Thank you. Interestingly, I moved it when I bought my new (used) fridge and it hasn't stopped running since - knock on wood.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Arvonar
        I'll get a thermostat.
        Let us know how you eventually make out.

Interestingly, I moved it and it hasn't stopped running since
        So now it is running so much it is freezing everything??

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =