Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore refrigerator help

Hi All....need a little help with my Kenmore side by side refrigerator...mod # 363 8500515 which I believe is a GE make.....just today there was pool of water on my kitchen floor..my refrigerator had a meltdown...I moved it out to see the back of the frig to see if I could see anything obvious and there was.....2 bare wires ground wires just sitting in the open...with a ground lug screwed into the metal bar of the frig.....so obvious I connected them to the ground.....plugged in the frig and the cond fan began to run the compressor sounded normal...put a therm in the freezer that fan was running....and watched the temp drop constantly...50,40,30,10 etc.....setting were only freezer a "c" on the dial and a #4 in the refrig side.......did not want to recycle I guess is the word.....so I turned it off .....just kept temp going down and never shut off.......went to turn on again and all I got was a buzzing noise and the condenser fan went on for a few seconds and click sound near the compressor and then fan shut down but the freezer fan continued and the temp rose to 50 and this is where I am out......any help would be great....thanks,POP

** went to turn on again **

Turned it back on after how long? A compressor needs to be off for 10-15 minutes before it will start running again.

** so I turned it off .....just kept temp going down and never shut off **

Even with the control in the OFF position??? If so, the temperature control mechanism may be defective.

BTW. A single period works fine between sentences.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =