Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• washing machine water fill issue

My washing machine will not work on cold temperature only runs hot water and when filling the tub it has water bursts while filling. I turned the hot water off so that everything was not washed in hot water. What could be causing these issues

more than likely the water solenoid for the cold water is shot. the blasts of hot water may be the temperature is too hot and its surging through its solenoid. try repairclinic dot com for a replacement solenoid.

Comment

thanks I will try that....the washingmachine is only 4 months old and has been a problem since the beginning

Comment

Originally posted by mm0913mrkk

My [4 months old] washing machine will not work on cold temperature only... I turned the hot water off
        No, many newer machines (especially high-end and EnergyStar models) may not operate with only a cold water supply connected (see the following link).

LINK > Automatic Water Temperature Control

It's impossible to say whether yours might be one such model without knowing the make and exact model number of appliance in question.

BTW. Detergent manufacturers have formulated their detergents to dissolve in 70°F water *and warmer*. Unless you live in a very warm climate (Texas, S. California, Florida, Central or South America) where the "cold" water never gets really cold (unless specifically refrigerated), washing in straight cold water will likely not allow detergent to dissolve properly resulting in poor cleaning and/or skin irritations when washed clothing is worn. Even the new "Tide Coldwater®" detergent requires 60°F wash water or warmer.

water bursts while filling.
        If it's only 4 months old and not working correctly, call for service. That's what the warranty is for.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
        Last edited by Dan O.; 09-29-2008, 01:07 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
        X
        =